Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Lord and Lady

I believe in the Lord and Lady, or the God and Goddess as some say. I believe in multiple gods and goddesses, which would make me polytheistic. My Lord and Lady don't have a name, but a good portion of other pagans already know who their deity is.

My deities are not Satan. I don't believe in the christian idea of Satan, or Hell for that matter. I believe there is a place that everyone goes, good and bad, who are stripped of most of their memories and are reborn again. I believe that the Lord goes through many cycles of his life, just like the Lady and us humans. He descends into the Summerlands, where he is reborn again. These are the general things that Wiccan's believe.

As for me, I think that all pantheons have their own histories that can be true, and that most of them overlap.

The Lord and Lady are not entirely good, but they are not entirely evil either. They have Their own personalities and quarks like humans, and they have feelings, if not the same as ours. Loki is the God of Mischief in the Norse pantheon and He plays tricks on His followers that can sometimes be considered cruel. But He also defends and protects His believers, and harshly deals with people who harm His own.

The Deities have given people special abilities that help, or sometimes can hinder, our lives. Most people shy away from Their gift, but more and more people are accepting it.

I would say that They are accepting and do not judge, but I would be lying. But despite this, They are always willing to help us out and protect us. We as witches try to build a relationship with our Gods, and most serious followers succeed. Sometimes we may never know the names of our Gods, sometimes we are told from the start. But it doesnt matter who They are as long as we know They are there.

I think one of the best parts of my beliefs is that I don't need a priest or priestess to talk to the Divine. I can talk to Them whenever I want to, about anything. To me it is like a love relationship. Sometimes we have fights, other times we couldn't agree more, and sometimes its a one sided battle. But the relationship still continues despite everything. Its a feeling of having Them right by you, not as a superior, but as a best friend, a parent, and almost an equal. Its not like the way I felt when I was in church, that God was some unreachable deity who didn't care about someone as insignificant as me.

I am still working on my relationship with Them, but I love them nonetheless.

No comments: